We love tea with lemon and honey so much we drink it every day and some days three times before noon. Drinking hot tea on a hot day is the best way to cool down. Drinking hot tea activates tongue receptors that respond to heat (called TRPV1) and they turn on the body’s cooling down mechanisms like evaporation of perspiration and the evaporative cooling. If you want to understand it better, I liked this article from Smithsonian magazine and another one by NPR.
another 5 minutes. And now wait for another 5-10 minutes till it gets to the point where a 2-year old can drink it without
(makes two trays or 28 ice cubes)
1 cup fresh lemon juice
1 cup of water
1/2-1 cup honey
1. Heat lemon juice, water, and honey in a small saucepan over medium heat until honey dissolves.
2. Cut the lemon into slices, then cut each slice into quarters. (Remove the seeds, if you wish).
3. Put a wedge into each section of an ice cube tray and pour lemon syrup on top.
4. Freeze overnight. Turnt the ice cubes out of the tray and store in an air-tight container in the freezer.
5. Enjoy on a hot summer day with your favorite drink!
|Doing my favorite things: drinking hot tea with honey lemon ice and reading a book about Food and Cooking|