Are you looking for some educational materials for your Tot, Preschooler, Elementary, Middle school, or High School student? Are you planning to celebrate Johnny Appleseed Day? Or looking for Pumpkin Themed Educational Resources? Then you might want to check out CHSH-Teach.com, a website that offers more than 50,000 pages of educational materials for all grade levels.
What is CHSH-Teach.com?
Lynda Ackert, a homeschooling mother and an educator of 20+ years, created CHSH to share educational materials with teachers and homeschoolers. Most of the resources available on the website are created by Lynda herself and the collection is continually growing. From math to languages, from science to art, from social studies to themed activities… there is something for everyone. You can even find some out-of-print textbooks downloadable as e-books.
The site is very easy to navigate and you can search by category, topic, grade, keyword or browse by subject. A lot of resources are available for free. Besides the free downloads, free members can interact with other members through forums, groups and community blog. But if you want to get the most of CHSH you can join the CHSH Download Club that gives access to all the resources.
For the purpose of this review I received an annual subscription to CHSH Download Club.
How we used it
I found something wonderful to use with each one of my homeschooled kids. There is seemingly countless number of homeschooling download websites, but there are not that many that offer quality, variety and solid support. So far everything we found at HCSH-Teach.com – the lessons, resources and inspiration – has been amazing!
What I used with my Preschooler
My 3-year old is super excited to finally be old enough to do “real” school with his older siblings. My job right now is to keep things interesting for him, to nurture his enthusiasm, while teaching the basics of letter sounds, fine motor skills, matching, shapes and hopefully strengthening his attention span as well.
Some of the things I downloaded for my 3-year old were:
- Tracing Pictures
- Alphabet Coloring Pages (alphabet animals were a special hit)
- Fine Motor Skills Practice
- And cutting pages
What I used with my First grader
Some of the things I found useful for my first grader:
- Calendar Materials (31 page download of months, days, clock, even/odd) + Telling Time Cards
2. Teacher’s Guide to Teaching Money with the corresponding Student workbook
3. Grammar Games and Sight words. I printed out the sight words, cut out the cards and glued them to index cards. My kids came up with a fun flash cards game. In this game each person picks three cards. One player keeps the cards up, the other player keeps the cards covered. The point of the game is to guess which three cards are in the hands of the second player. This player is actually motivated to have his cards guessed and tries to give good clues based on the cards that the first player has up. For example, “it starts with the same letter as this card,” or “it has the same number of letters as your second word,” etc.
What I used with my Third Grader
- The 700 page History of Music download is fascinating! It’s an out-of-print book that is sold on amazon for $35. We supplemented it with a history of music CD collection we found else where and we are super excited about adding this new subject to our homeschool this year. We are still on Uncivilized music right now, but I predict we will keep going with it. I find that it works best if I read the text on my own the night before, then simply retell it in my own words. Then we move to listening part.
2. I also downloaded a two-hundred page Spanish Curriculum Teacher’s Guide with a corresponding (almost 600 page student workbook). We just recently finished an immersion Spanish curriculum Level 1 and before I invested money into Level 2 I thought we would give CHSH-Teach.com resources a try.
I found that CHSH Download Club from CHSH-Teach.com is definitely worth the membership investment. It offers a growing collection of homeschool resources for all ages and stages. I enjoyed browsing it and discovered lots of wonderful things to add to our homeschool.
Social Media Links:
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/TheChristianHomeSchoolHub/
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/ChristianHomeSchoolHubPage/
Google Business Page:https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/117967118184286217472/117967118184286217472/posts
Other members of the Schoolhouse Teachers Team reviewed this product. Click on the image above to read about their experience.